Come paint with me! Invite some friends over with your favorite snacks and drink of choice to complete this virtual Phoenix painting class. In this 30 minute class you will learn how to paint a Phoenix in an abstract, colorful, loose style. You will get a digital 8" x 10" print of my phoenix painting titled "Phoenix" (see second photo) to view as a reference for the painting we create together. You can also print this 8" x 10" print at home or a local printer's if you'd like to keep it. You will be emailed a link to view the class within 24 hours of purchase (please see customization option to enter your email address). Once you receive the link, it is yours to view anytime you'd like and paint at your own leisure. The link is not to share with others, but you can invite others over to do a paint and sip night, bachelorette party, etc. to view and paint together.
The class includes an explanation of what supplies I am using, a couple of warmup exercises, and the actual instruction on the painting. It is suitable for people 12 years of age and older typically and for beginners. Though it is modeled after the print attached, I encourage a lot of interpretations and different color usages as all of my Phoenixes look different each time I paint them.
The supplies you need for this are as follows:
- At least 4 sheets of watercolor paper (I prefer cold press, but warm press works, too!). This is one of my favorite economical pads: https://www.strathmoreartist.com/paint-watercolor/id-400-series-watercolor.html
- Watercolor paints: I really enjoy BLICK liquid watercolor paints that can be found here: https://www.dickblick.com/items/blick-liquid-watercolors-set-of-10-assorted-colors-8-oz-bottles/ But a pan of paints also works. I like this one a lot: https://www.dickblick.com/items/talens-angora-opaque-watercolor-pan-set-set-of-24-colors-pans/
I also love Dr. Ph. Martin's liquid watercolors that are in little droppers. A little goes a long way, but these are pricier: https://www.dickblick.com/items/dr-ph-martins-radiant-concentrated-watercolor-set-12-oz-set-of-14-assorted-set-b/
- Watercolor paint brushes of various sizes. Please have at least one small one to paint the eyes. I really like the Princeton brand, but you can get away with cheaper ones, too: https://www.dickblick.com/items/princeton-velvetouch-series-3950-synthetic-brushes-blick-exclusive-set-of-4/
- A cup of water for dipping brushes in
- Paper towel for dabbing brushes on between colors
I am creating one course a month throughout 2023, so stay tuned for more! My goals in sharing these classes is to help others loosen up, get back in touch with their inner child + artist, and to help others relax and have fun creating. I do believe that creating regularly can enhance your mental health, as it has greatly helped me! Though I will share my style with you, I hope that you can tap into your own style and interpretation of each painting as well.
A bit about the artist: Jess Buhman is an artist living and creating in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Though she has loved drawing all of her life, she did not begin painting regularly until she was an adult. She began using watercolors and fell in love with this medium. She has been painting regularly for the last decade and has specialized in primarily painting animals and people in an abstract, loose, colorful style. She is honored that her work is in others' homes all over the world and has licensed with several companies. With degrees and a background in education, she excited to combine her love of painting with teaching others regularly with watercolor tutorials. She paints in her own unique style, that is not following all the rules she learned in school. In sharing her technique with others, she hopes they will find their own unique style as well and create regularly, as it can greatly enhance mental health.
** Please note that these classes and digital print are for personal use and are not to be used for monetary gain. The copyright on the original "Phoenix" painting remains with Jess Buhman, the artist. **
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.